Antonio Conte's stance on reports linking him with the Newcastle United job has been revealed following the takeover of the club by a Saudi-led consortium.
The Italian has been strongly linked with replacing Steve Bruce as manager at St. James' Park since the takeover was completed on Thursday evening due to him being one of the most high profile managers currently out of work.
However, SunSport report that the former Chelsea and Juventus boss would likely reject any approach from the Magpies in favour of a role at a club that are already in a position to challenge for titles.
Conte has been out of work since May after leaving Inter Milan off the back of guiding the club to their first Scudetto in 11 years.
He has since been linked with both Tottenham Hotspur and Real Madrid but remains without a club but it is currently unlikely his next job will be in the north east.
An insider told SunSport that: "I think he has higher expectations about his career."
Last season's Serie A title with Inter was the fifth league title Conte has won as a manager following three with Juventus and one with Chelsea, where he also won the FA Cup.
Conte had been touted to replace the under pressure Bruce at Newcastle after the £300million takeover of the club was completed this week.
Bruce's position is said to be hanging by a thread following the takeover due to the club's poor start to the season and fan dissatisfaction with his management.
The Magpies currently sit second bottom of the Premier League and are without a win so far this season following the opening seven rounds of matches.
As well as Conte, there are a host of other big names being linked with the job, with Rangers manager and Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard the current bookmakers' favourite to replace Bruce.
Other names being circulated include Eddie Howe, who has been out of work since leaving Bournemouth in 2020, and Belgium national team boss Roberto Martinez.